3 Day Murchison Falls National Park, Ziwa Rhino sanctuary, 3 Days 2 Nights Murchison Falls Wildlife Safari & Rhino Tracking,3 Days Murchison falls & Ziwa Rhino tracking, 3 days Murchison Top Falls Safari Tour, Three Days Two Nights Murchison Falls Tour and Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, 3 Day Murchison Falls National Park, Ziwa Rhino sanctuary.
Murchison Falls located in the northern part of Uganda is the largest conservation area in 3840. The Murchison Falls National park is traversed by the mighty River Nile and is one of the exciting Murchison Falls National parks to visit during your Uganda safari.
Murchison Falls National Park has several vegetation types ranging from swamps, tropical rainforests of Budongo, Savannah woodland, and grassland that are home to a variety of wildlife that includes chimpanzees in Budongo forest, lions, hyenas, buffaloes, leopards, hippos, crocodiles, the rare shoebill stock, small primates, and another savannah, marine and forest species.
Visitors to Murchison Falls National Park should not miss out on spectacular game drives and boat cruises to the base of the falls and delta. One may need 2 to 4 days to explore Murchison Falls National Park, it is very possible. Kindly Enquire from here...
3 Day Murchison Falls National Park, Ziwa Rhino sanctuary, 3 Days 2 Nights Murchison Falls Wildlife Safari & Rhino Tracking, 3 Days Murchison falls & Ziwa Rhino tracking, 3 days Murchison Top Falls Safari Tour, Three Days Two Nights Murchison Falls Tour and Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, 3 Day Murchison Falls National Park, Ziwa Rhino sanctuary.
Day 1: Drive to Murchison Falls National Park via Zziwa Rhino Sanctuary and top of the falls.
Day 2: Morning game drive and afternoon boat cruise to the base of the falls.
Day 03: Drive back to Kampala/Entebbe for your departure flight.
Things To Consider
- Accommodation is Inclusive
- Small-Group Safari: Max 6 People per group
- Tour Can Depart any day
- Tour can be customized
- Solo travelers can join this tour
- Age Limit: 12 years and above
3 Day Murchison Falls National Park, Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Drive to Murchison Falls National Park via Zziwa Rhino Sanctuary and top of the falls.
You will be met by your guide of the day at your hotel for a short briefing about your 3 Day Murchison Falls safari overview and then drive 4-5 hours to Murchison Falls National Park. The journey will take you to Zziwa Rhino Sanctuary to track both white and black Rhinos at the sanctuary.
Rhinos were poached to extinction during the 1970s but the government and other non-government organizations are trying to restore them. From Ziwa Rhino sanctuary, you will drive to Masindi for lunch before proceeding to Murchison Falls National Park with a visit to the top of the falls.
This will be evening so you will transfer to your overnight accommodation.
Meal plan: Lunch and Dinner
Drive time: 4-5 hours
Lodging: Bakers Lodge (Upmarket), Murchison River Lodge (Mid Range), Red Chilli (Budget)
Day 2: Morning game drive and afternoon boat cruise to the base of the falls.
After breakfast, you will cross the ferry to the northern part of Murchison Falls National Park for your early morning game drive. This northern part of Murchison Falls National Park known as Paraa is rich in wild games that include lions, buffaloes, elephants, several antelopes, leopards and so much more.
The delta region is also very rich with water animals such as hippos, crocodiles, and the rare shoebill stock. At Murchison Falls National Park, it is nature that gives so the fact that wild animals graze and move naturally, seeing any animal will depend on your luck of the day.
Afterward, you will drive back to your lodge for lunch and then head for the afternoon boat cruise to the base of the falls. This boat cruise to the base of the falls is seen as the highlight of all activities at Murchison Falls National Park since many water and land animals can be sighted.
Expect to see lots of Buffaloes, elephants, crocodiles, many water birds as you cruise upstream to the base of the falls where water squeezes itself into a narrow gorge to later explode as it flows down words. Return to the lodge overnight.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Lodging: Bakers Lodge (Upmarket), Murchison River Lodge (Mid-Range), Red Chilli or Leotim (Budget)
Day 3: Drive back to Kampala/Entebbe for your departure flight.
After breakfast, you will drive back to Kampala or Entebbe International Airport for your departure flight out.
Drive time: 5-6 hour’s drive
Meal plan: Breakfast and Lunch
Visit Murchison Falls National Park - Murchison Falls Safaris
Murchison Falls National Park is one of the best game parks to visit while in Uganda. The Murchison Falls National Park is located in the Murchison Conservation Area where we also find the Bugungu and Karuma wildlife reserves.
The Murchison Falls, Uganda’s largest national park is also home to over 450 recorded birds species including the rare shoebill stork. The Murchison Falls National Park is also home to 23 Albertine rift endemics given its location in the western arm of the East African rift valley. Our Murchison falls birding safaris allow you to see many of these bird species with the help of our expert guides.
The highlight of your tour in Murchison falls National Park is visiting the “Murchison Falls” a point along the Nile, within the park where River Nile forces its way through a narrow gorge 8 meters wide. The launch trip upstream is very interesting and offers magnificent views of the falls and several wildlife species found along the shores including Buffaloes, Hippos, Crocodiles, waterbucks, and birds. Our top tours are the 3 Days Murchison Falls Safari, 2 Days Murchison Falls Safari, and the 4 Days Murchison Falls Safari
PLANNING FOR MURCHISON FALLS NATIONAL PARK SAFARI
Best time to visit Murchison falls (Best time to go to Murchison Falls national park)
Located in the northwestern side of Uganda, Murchison falls is the biggest national park in the country covering a total area of 3,840 sq km. Murchison Falls National Park is the most popular national park in the country due to its variety of attractions and is also the top tourist destination in Uganda. It has different vegetation including savannah plains, savannah woodlands, swamps, and forested areas which are all habitats to numerous species of mammals, birds, primates, and reptiles. Those interested in game viewing will go for game drives and animals like lions, leopards, elephants, giraffes, waterbucks, buffaloes, warthogs, Uganda kob, Jackson’s hartebeest, and many more animals are spotted. Other activities include a boat cruise along the Nile to the mighty waterfalls, birding, chimp tracking in Budongo forest, and hiking to the top of the waterfalls.
Murchison Falls was named after the mighty waterfalls which are formerly and locally known as Kabalega falls. Murchison Falls National Park has very interesting natural attractions which everyone needs to consider seeing. Just like at most destinations, it is important to know the best time to travel to Murchison falls national park to encounter the best of the safari. This will best-planned after getting to know the varying seasons in the region and of generally.
The location of Uganda along the equator gives it a unique climate which has is also one of the reasons why many people travel to this country. The climate is almost the same each year with two dry seasons and two wet seasons. During each of these seasons, there are activities that can be done and those that become challenging to do in different seasons. This is the reason why travelers prefer to visit Uganda during specific seasons, hence there being the ‘Peak season also known as the high season and the ‘Low season’. Each of these seasons has advantages over the other in one way or the other and what seems to be comfortable and more convenient is what travelers choose.
Murchison Falls National Park Peak season
The peak season in Uganda comes in the dry season during the months of December to February and from June to September. During this period, Uganda receives a lot of tourists to the national parks. All the major national parks including Murchison fall national park are flooded with tourists and each site-like site for game drives has big numbers of safari cars. This is the time of the year when prices of accommodation in and around the parks are high and they including budget lodges are full. Those who want to stay in luxury lodges on their safari during this period are advised to book early enough.
Luxury lodges in Murchison fall national park include Paraa safari lodge, Chobe safari lodge, mid-range lodges are Pakuba safari lodge, Fort Murchison Lodge, Budongo Eco lodge, Murchison River lodge and budget lodges are Twiga Tales and Heritage Lodge.
Apart from the high numbers of tourists around the country during the seasons, mosquitoes are many and active but this problem is solved by using insect repellants and sleeping in mosquito nets at night.
During the dry season which is also the high season for business, tourists become more advantaged with the reward of the park. The seasonal waterholes have dried and animals can easily be seen at the major water sources like at the river banks of the Nile. The grass is dry and short and it becomes easy to spot animals from a distance. Unlike in the wet season where tracks and trails become slippery, the dry season is the most favorable for safari vans and any other cars to reach any part park.
Murchison Falls National Park Low season
The low season is when tourists are few at destinations and in the country. This season comes during the wet season in Uganda during the months of March to May ad from October to November. There are rains on most days and the vegetation in parks grows taller, roads of the park are slippery and sometimes you’ll be advised not to drive to the park if the roads are extremely slippery. However, as cars drive through slippery roads, some travelers will enjoy the experience.
Pools of water within the park are filled with water and animals are able to find water and pasture anywhere. This makes it hard to easily spot the animals roaming around the park and also won’t be common on main water bodies.
Safari lodges and camps reduce their prices during the low season because they are in low demand as tourists are few in the country and at the destination. Generally, the park has few tourists and in case of any sightings on game drives, you will clearly see the animals without any obstructions. Most animals especially grazers will be calving and this is the best time to see this. During the wet season, the volume of water in the River Nile increases, and the Murchison waterfalls are stronger than during the dry season. You’ll watch the water violently force through the gorge.
Birds in Murchison falls at this time of the year are many because there is plenty of food and they are breeding and in addition, the migratory birds have also arrived and the variety of species is at its peak. Many birds will be spotted along the shore and swamps of the River Nile and all over in the plains and forests. This is the best time for birding.
After looking at what happens in the peak and low seasons, we conclude that the best time for visiting Murchison falls national park is a few weeks after the rains have started and a few weeks after it has stopped which is from March to the end of May and in November. The rain is not too much to interrupt your activities and you will find the park still green and beautiful. However, nature cannot be perfectly predicted and this is the reason why Murchison falls national park will be visited at any time of the year and the experiences are still amazing.
Note that those interested in game viewing are recommended to travel during the dry season which is from December and February and August.
What to carry when traveling to Murchison falls national park-Uganda
We have analyzed the climate at the destination and after deciding on when to travel, you need to know the things that are necessary during the trip so that you are not caught by surprise when you are already out of your home. It is important to carry the appropriate clothes for the weather and others essentials as well those that may not be essential but could be required.
This is one of the items you must carry when traveling to Uganda’s Murchison falls. It is a travel document that you must have for you to be allowed to go through any entry point to the country.
Yellow fever immunization card
You must have a certificate or card showing that you are immunized against yellow fever.
You need to confirm your ticket early enough so that your plans are not interfered with. When you obtain it, keep it safe.
Apply for the VISA before your travel and obtain it from your country or at Entebbe airport or border on arrival. You will not be allowed to enter the country without a Visa. You can also obtain an East African Visa that takes you to Uganda, Kenya, and Rwanda if you are going to travel to all the countries.
The above items are the mo0st important when planning to travel and you are advised to photocopy them and keep the copies differently. Keep them safe. Other things that you need to carry with you include the following;
Travel and health insurance
We can help you secure your travel with a good insurance company so that you travel with confidence regarding your health when traveling.
Passport size photos
Take some passport size photos and carry some when traveling. There can be any reason they may require you to use them.
First aid kit
Since traveling will involve long distances to the destination, it is important to have some pain killers, plasters, bandages, anti-diarrhea medicine, and other essential medicine. The fact that you are also changing the environment, it is important to carry these medicines.
Anti- malarial medicine
You are advised to seek advice from your physician as you plan to travel to Uganda which is a malaria zone. They will advise you on if to take and carry some anti-malarial tablets. You also need to carry insect repellant
A credit card and enough cash
Do not carry a lot of money in cash but have what you are going to use in the meantime and withdraw the rest when you are already at the destination. Let your bank be aware that you traveled and you will keep needing cash for different things.
You’ll need binoculars on most activities in Murchison falls national park such as game drives, when birding, and also on boat cruises.
You are going to see amazing things and reach places where you’ll need to takes photos and videos for memories. Make sure you have a good camera, a charger.
You need a back to carry the simple necessities that you’ll be using when you move out for an activity for example the camera, sun cream, power bank and other small things.
Carry clothes that you’ll be comfortable in but remember that they should be decent because you need to be decent when you travel to villages in Uganda so that you don’t attract people’s attention. Let the clothes that you’ll wear when traveling around the destination is loose. Carry a scarf, t-shirts, long-sleeved shirts and sweaters to wear in the evening, caps, nightdress. It’s not good to wear clothes of very bright colors when traveling around wildlife areas because they attract animals.
You need to carry strong waterproof shoes, sandals, and strong boots if you plan to go for chimp tracking.
Hygiene and beauty itemsThese include deodorants, toothbrushes, cleansers, shampoo, lotion, and others that you may need.
- sunglasses, books for reading, headlight, and flashlight, and a driver’s license
Enjoy our top Uganda safari tour packages/itineraries 2021-2023 for Unique personalized African Uganda wildlife safari tours into Uganda safari tour destinations with affordable prices.
Top Uganda Tours
- 1 Day Jinja Adventure Tour
- 1 Day Kampala City Tour
- 1 Day Uganda Equator Safari Tour
- 1 Day Sipi Falls Tour
- 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary Tour
- 2 Days Chimpanzee Tracking Tour - Kibale Forest National Park
- 2 Days 1 Night Murchison Falls National Park Tour
- 2 Days 1 Night Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari Tour
- 2 Days Uganda Tour - Lake Mburo National Park
- 3 Days Golden Monkey and Gorilla Tracking Tour – Mgahinga National Park
- 3 Days Uganda Safari Tour - Sipi Falls
- 3 Days Murchison Falls National Park Safari Tour
- 3 Days Chimpanzee Trekking - Kibale National Park
- 3 Days Gorilla Trekking - Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- 3 Days Uganda wildlife Tour - Lake Mburo National Park Birding Tour
- 3 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Mountain Elgon National Park
- 3 Days Uganda wildlife Tour - Sipi Falls
- 3 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari Tour
- 3 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Kibale National Park (Kanyanchu Tourism Center) and Amabere g’ Nyinamwiru caves
- 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Kibale National Park
- 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Kibale National Park Chimpanzee tracking
- 4 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee Tracking - Bwindi and Kibale
- 5 Days White Water Rafting and Gorilla Tracking In Bwindi Impenetrable Forest Park
- 5 Days Kidepo National Park Safari Tour
- 6 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee Tracking Tour - Queen Elizabeth and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- 6 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - River Nile White Rafting, Murchison Falls National Park
- 7 Days Gorilla Tracking Safari - Lake Mburo, Lake Bunyonyi, and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- 9 Days Uganda Tour - Hiking Mountain Rwenzori National Park
- 9 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Lake Bunyonyi, Queen Elizabeth National Park Tour, Bwindi Forest National Park, Kibale forest national park
- 10 Days Exploring Uganda Primates Safari Tour
- 10 Days Chimpanzee and Gorilla Tracking Tour - Queen Elizabeth, Kibale forest, and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- 10 Days Uganda Tour - Hiking Rwenzori and Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 10 Days Uganda wildlife Tour - Pearl of Africa, Murchison Falls National Park, Kibale forest national park, Amabere Ganyinamwiru, Queen Elizabeth National park, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Kazinga channel boat cruise.
- 12 Days Chimpanzee and Gorilla Tracking Tour - Murchison falls, Queen Elizabeth, Lake Mburo, Lake Bunyonyi, and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- 14 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Lake Mburo national park, Lake Bunyonyi, Kibale forest National park, Bwindi forest park, Murchison falls national park, and Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 15 Days South Sudan & Uganda Wildlife Safari Tour, Mundari Cattle Camp tour, Murchison Falls National Park, Kidepo Valley National Park, and Juba City
Top Uganda Birding Tours
- 1 Day Uganda Birding Safari Tour, Mabamba Bay-Swamp Shoebill Trek
- 2 Days Uganda Birding Tour – Mabamba Wetland, Botanical Gardens, Uganda wildlife education center
- 3 Days Uganda birding Tour - Lake Mburo National Park Birding Safari Tour
- 3 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Sipi Falls, Source of the Nile and Sezibwa falls
- 3 Days Uganda birding Tour - Kidepo Valley National Park Tour
- 4 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Kibale National Park
- 5 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Lake Mburo, Queen Elizabeth, And Kyambura Chimp Tracking
- 5 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Mabamba wetland, Lake Mburo National Park
- 7 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Mabamba wetland, Lake Mburo, Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 8 Days Uganda Birding Tour - lake Mburo national park, Queen Elizabeth national park, Kibale national park, Mabamba wetland, Bigodi Swamp
- 10 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Nabugabo wetland, Murchison falls National Park, Queen Elizabeth National park, Lake Mburo National park
- 12 Days Uganda birding Tour – Mgahinga Gorilla Park, Mubwindi swamp, Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Semuliki National Park
- 16 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Mabira forest, Budongo forest, Kibale forest, Bwindi Impenetrable Forest