This 2 Day Bwindi Impenetrable Gorilla Trekking safari tour through Kigali is meant for those people interested in trekking mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park but are staying in Rwanda. It is also meant to reduce the distance traveled as well as drive times.
Our 2 day Bwindi gorilla safari through Kigali helps you to see mountain gorillas in Uganda in only two days at an affordable rate for gorilla permits at USD700.00 per person per trek.
Do you have less time? What to drive shorter distances to any part of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park? Look no further than our 2 day Bwindi gorilla safari tour through Kigali. Click here to Enquire...
2 Day Bwindi Impenetrable gorilla Tracking tour, 2 Day Bwindi Impenetrable gorilla Tracking tour, 2 Day Bwindi Gorilla Safari Through Kigali,2 Days 1 Night Bwindi Gorilla Trek in Uganda - starting from Kigali City,2 Days Gorilla Trek, Uganda Gorilla Tour - Bwindi National Park, 2 Day Gorilla Tour in Uganda from Kigali - Budget Gorilla Trek, 2 Day Gorilla Trekking at Bwindi National Park in Uganda, Two Days one Nights Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali Bwindi, Uganda, 2 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda From Kigali to Bwindi impenetrable National Park.
Itinerary in Summary
Day 1: Pick up from Kigali City/Airport and transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and drive back to Kigali
Things To Consider on2 Day Bwindi Impenetrable gorilla Tracking tour, 2 Day Bwindi Gorilla Safari Through Kigali,2 Days 1 Night Bwindi Gorilla Trek in Uganda - starting from Kigali City,2 Days Gorilla Trek, Uganda Gorilla Tour - Bwindi National Park, 2 Day Gorilla Tour in Uganda from Kigali - Budget Gorilla Trek, 2 Day Gorilla Trekking at Bwindi National Park in Uganda, Two Days one Nights Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali Bwindi, Uganda, 2 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda From Kigali to Bwindi impenetrable National Park.:
- You’ll go to Uganda through Kigali Airport or Rwanda
- This tour starts and ends in Kigali/Rwanda
- You’ll visit Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Activities: gorilla tracking
- Getting around: open-sided 4×4 vehicle & pop-up roof 4×4 vehicle
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
- Additional accommodation before the tour departs and on the last day can be arranged.
- Accommodation is Inclusive
- Small-Group Safari: Max 6 People per group is possible
- Tour Can Depart any day
- Tour can be customized
- Solo travelers can join this tour
- Age Limit: 15 years and above
2 Day Bwindi Impenetrable gorilla Tracking tour, 2 Day Bwindi Gorilla Safari Through Kigali,2 Days 1 Night Bwindi Gorilla Trek in Uganda - starting from Kigali City,2 Days Gorilla Trek, Uganda Gorilla Tour - Bwindi National Park, 2 Day Gorilla Tour in Uganda from Kigali - Budget Gorilla Trek, 2 Day Gorilla Trekking at Bwindi National Park in Uganda, Two Days one Nights Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali Bwindi, Uganda, 2 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda From Kigali to Bwindi impenetrable National Park.
Day 1: Pick up from Kigali City/Airport and transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
You will be picked from Kigali International Airport/Any Hotel in Kigali to start your journey to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
The journey is very scenic and will take you through a country of a thousand hills to the Pearl of Africa. You cross over to Uganda at Katuna or Chanika border for a stop at Kabale town (Katuna) or Kisoro (Chanika) before proceeding to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park overnight.
Drive time: Approximately 4-5 hours
Meal Plan: Lunch and Dinner
Lodging: Broad Bill Forest Camp/Haven Lodge Rushaga/Virunga backpacker kisoro.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and drive back to Kigali
After breakfast and with your packed lunch, you will walk to the park headquarters for a briefing about gorilla trekking. Your guide will take you through all the dos and don’ts while with mountain gorillas and after that, you will be transferred to the starting point of your gorilla family.
Please note that gorilla family allocation depends on your interests, fitness, and age. Please inform your guide of your interests and he will try to request the gorilla family of your choice before you start the trek into the forest.
Gorilla trekking can be strenuous and a certain level of fitness is required. Gorilla trekking can take from 30 minutes to three-quarters of the day so one needs to prepare for both. Your guide will try to provide information about trees, birds, and other wildlife in the forest until you reach a given gorilla family of gorillas.
You will be allowed only one hour of photography and observing mountain gorillas as they go about their daily day activities and then trek back to the park headquarters to pick your certificates. You will then drive back to Kigali Rwanda through Katuna or Chanika border for your overnight in Kigali town or your international departure flight.
Please ensure that you book flights that depart late from Kigali International Airport if you intend to fly back after your 3-day Bwindi gorilla safari through Kigali
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch
VISIT BWINDI IMPENETRABLE FOREST NATIONAL PARK
BWINDI UGANDA GORILLA TREKKING - UGANDA GORILLA TOURS & GORILLA SAFARIS
Enjoy Uganda Gorilla Trekking – Visit the Mountain Gorillas in the Bwindi impenetrable national park and enjoy the ultimate gorilla experience. We offer tailor-made and scheduled Gorilla trekking and wildlife safaris in Uganda and Rwanda at unbeatable prices all-inclusive. Alongside your gorilla trek, we combine other interesting activities such as chimpanzee trekking, game viewing, mountain hiking, community tourism, white water rafting and so much more depending on the interest of every traveler. At Adventure in the Wild Safaris, we strive to ensure that you enjoy the most memorable Adventure in East Africa. Contact us to plan your Adventure safari!
BWINDI UGANDA GORILLA TREKKING TOURS - UGANDA GORILLA TOURS & GORILLA SAFARIS
Gorilla trekking is one of the most ranking activities that travelers give priority while planning their African safaris. In the whole of Africa, this exception gorilla activity can only be experienced in only three countries. These countries include Uganda the pearl of Africa, Rwanda the land of the seven hills, and the democratic republic of Congo where you will expect to sight both famous mountain gorillas and lowland gorilla species which are interesting with their gigantic size.
Uganda is famously known as one of those countries that conserve and protect the rare endangered mountain gorilla species in the wild. It, therefore, operates the popular mountain gorilla tours for the whole year since Uganda’s permit for gorilla trekking is quite affordable at $ 700 US dollars compared to that of Rwanda which is $ 1500 US dollars.
In addition, besides the Uganda Gorilla Trekking permit being cheap and affordable according to the gorilla statics for the three countries, Uganda has the biggest numbers of these endangered mountain gorilla species compared to the remaining two countries. Living other factors constant Uganda is in a position to out-compete other countries as selling Uganda gorilla trekking tours gives it a market position.
In addition to other factors, these are some of the reasons that Uganda’s economy has the advantage to receive a large number of visitors annually traveling to come to see the precious mountain gorillas species.
UGANDA GORILLA TOURS & GORILLA SAFARIS GUIDE:
1. Where to trek the mountain gorillas in Uganda
In Uganda, there are two protected and conserved national parks that are famously known for these endangered primate species. A traveler coming to Uganda should expect to visit Bwindi impenetrable forest national park and mountain Mgahinga national park in the western part of the country which are popularly known destinations for mountain gorilla tours.
2. Gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable forest national park
The Bwindi impenetrable forest national park is situated in the border area of Uganda and the democratic republic of Congo in Kanungu district and it was gazetted in 1991 as a national park purposely to protect the famous, rare endangered mountain gorilla species.
The Bwindi impenetrable national park has been ranked as one of the world’s number one primary gorilla trekking destinations. The Bwindi impenetrable forest national park has been a UNESCO world heritage site since 1994 due to its great ecological biodiversity.
Bwindi impenetrable forest national park will give a traveler an exception and unique experience of the mountain gorillas since the Bwindi impenetrable forest national park has 35 known gorilla groups although only 17 groups have been habituated for research and open for tourism.
Bwindi covers an area of 321 square kilometers and it has four sectors for gorilla trekking and gorilla habituation. These include the Nkuringo sector, Buhoma, Rushaga, and Ruhija, two groups are found in the Nkuringo sector, and gorilla habituation experience which is done in the Rushaga sector as travelers are permitted to spend 4 hours with the gorilla family if found.
According to the gorilla rules and standards in Uganda for both Bwindi impenetrable forest national park and Mountain Mgahinga national park, the law recommends a maximum of 8 people to stay with the mountain gorillas for one hour per gorilla family.
3. Gorilla trekking in Mgahinga national park:
The Mgahinga national park is the smallest national park that covers the smallest area as compared to Uganda's national parks. Although Mgahinga national park is the smallest national park in Uganda, it occupies a large extension of the Virunga massif and the conservation area. other parts of the Virunga Massif are the Virunga national park in Congo and the volcanoes national park in Rwanda. All these three national parks are known for the famous endangered species, however, each country controls its own portion of the Virunga massif part and they have been conserved purposely to protect the mountain gorillas
Out of the 18 habituated groups in Uganda, 17 groups are found in Bwindi and only one group has been habituated in Mgahinga national park and is called the Nyakagezi group which is much easier to trek since it has now settled in the park though it has been having notorious movements crossing to Rwanda and Congo.
It is important to note that the mountain gorilla trekking might be a bit difficult especially in Bwindi impenetrable national park as it will require hiking, climb through rough steep terrain hills and you will have to go deeper into the forest so as to locate and trek these gorilla groups in the wild as the trekking becomes a fascinating and adventurous activity in the African wild.
On the other hand, some gorilla families in Bwindi have settled near to the headquarters thus it may take you less than two hours to sight them, so it not a must for every group you will need to a lot of hiking and for Mgahinga it granted that can easily be located it will not require only physically feet people to participate in the activity.
Gorilla trekking in Uganda will always start with a briefing at 7:00 at the headquarters to take you through the dos and don’ts before you begin the trekking. At the same gorilla trekking permits have to be booked in advance before you start the tour. It is always advisable to organize your gorilla trekking tour with a tour operator to assist you in planning and have a perfect gorilla safari.
Although the two parks are known for the famous mountain gorilla trekking, there a unique activity a traveler can choose to include on their Uganda gorilla trekking tour. Bwindi and Mgahinga are known also to be habitants for the golden monkeys which may not found elsewhere in Uganda's national parks.
The surrounding areas are occupied by the Batwa local people who originally used to start in park forest but later they were forced to leave the national park and the government settled them around the park as they adopt the life of a normal human being. The Batwa are the shortest people(pygmies) in the world, these were fruit gatherers, hunters in the forest before they left. Their traditional lifestyle is so amazing that you can’t choose to miss a visit to the Batwa community while on your gorilla tour.
There are also other activities like mountain climbing, exploring the Batwa caves, bird watching, and will be in a position to spot other forest mammals.
The cost of gorilla trekking is the same for both national parks as a gorilla permit will cost you $ 700 US dollars per person. The permit is inclusive of entrance fees and gorilla trekking activity.
4. Where to stay while on an Uganda gorilla trekking tour
As mentioned earlier that there are four sectors in Bwindi impenetrable national park, each with different gorilla groups, these sectors have various accommodation facilities ranging from budget lodges to mid-range lodges and luxury lodges where you can choose to stay while on a gorilla trekking tour in Uganda.
Some of these lodges include, Trekkers Tavern found in the Ruhija sector and it’s a budget accommodation facility, Rushaga Gorilla Haven lodge which is also a budget accommodation facility found in the Rushaga sector, Iachumbi gorilla lodge found in Rushaga and its amid range accommodation facility, gorilla mist camp is a mid-range accommodation facility found in Ruhija sector, Nkuringo Bwindi gorilla lodge found in Nkuringo sector is a luxury accommodation facility, Rushaga gorilla camp is also a luxury accommodation found in Rushaga sector among other accommodation.
There are also lodges in Mgahinga gorilla national park which range from budget lodges, mid-range and luxury accommodation such include Mucha hotel in Kisoro which is a mid-range accommodation, travelers rest hotel in Kisoro is also mid-range facility among others.
5. How to access the two national parks for gorilla trekking?
From Kampala, via Mbarara, it is an 8-9 hours’ drive to Bwindi impenetrable forest national park, and from Queen Elizabeth national park via Ishasha it’s a 3-4 hours’ drive to Buhoma in Bwindi and it is about 64km on road transport using a 4×4 vehicle. However, a traveler can also choose to use air transport from Entebbe airport to Bwindi impenetrable forest land in Kihihi or Kayonza to trek gorillas in Mishaya, Nkuringo, and Nshongi.
To access Mgahinga national Park from Kampala via Kabale-kisoro it is a distance of about 510km and it an 8 hours’ drive. The park can also be accessed from Bwindi via Rushaga and Nkuringo which is 14 km to Mgahinga and is a 4 hours’ drive. Although a traveler can opt for a flight from Entebbe airport to Kisoro airfield.
Bwindi Uganda Gorilla Trekking: Gorilla trekking information and FAQs
1. Gorilla Trekking Uganda Cost
While planning your Uganda gorilla trekking safari, you may wonder what is included in the total quoted cost. It's therefore important to note that the following items are included in the Gorilla tours;
- Gorilla trekking Permit – The gorilla trekking permit costs $700 per person per trek, and this is normally included in the total cost for the Gorilla Safaris we offer.
- Accommodation and meals – The cost of lodging is also one of the major things that determine the total cost for your tour. There are three categories of lodges, budget, Mid-range, and luxury, each having its own price range. All the lodges we offer for our gorilla safaris are ensuite and are booked according to the sector where the gorilla trekking is to be done.
- Transport in 4×4 safari vehicle – We provide four-wheel-drive safari vehicles equipped with enough fuel, a professional driver/guide, and drinking water.
- All activities on the itinerary: The cost of all activities included on your itinerary is usually included on the total cost unless otherwise stated as optional and a price indicated as extras.
The Gorilla trekking activity in Uganda and Rwanda is similar, however, there are other factors before and after the trek which one can look at before determining where they should do their gorilla trek from as follows: For starters, the Gorilla trekking permit for Rwanda costs $1500 USD while that of Uganda costs $700 USD, this, therefore, creates a very big difference between the total cost for the Gorilla safari in both countries.
Secondly, there is a difference between the distances from capitals/airports to the gorilla national parks. The drive time from Kigali Rwanda’s capital city to Parc national des Volcans where the Rwanda mountain gorillas are found in only two hours, while the drive from Kampala Uganda’s capital to Bwindi impenetrable national park is over 8 hours and thus very tiring. These days however you can land in Kigali and drive to Uganda for gorilla trekking in Bwindi.
However, in conclusion, it should be noted that in terms of accommodation, security, hospitality, and other factors, these two neighboring countries are very much the same and therefore the above mentioned two major differences are what you may consider if you are undecided about where to do your gorilla trekking tour from between Rwanda and Uganda.
3. Gorilla Trekking Uganda From Kigali
Given that the distance from Entebbe to the Bwindi impenetrable national park requires over 8 hours of driving, and the price of the Rwanda Gorilla trekking permits is twice that of Uganda (
$1500 USD vs $700), a new trend where tourists land in Kigali and drive by road to the Bwindi impenetrable forest for gorilla trekking has emerged. The driving time from Kigali to Bwindi is four to five hours. This allows you to spend less time on the road, but also enjoy lower rates for the same gorilla safari experience.
Gorilla Trekking Uganda Bwindi
The Bwindi impenetrable national park is home to half of the remaining mountain gorilla population in the world. According to the 2018 census, it's estimated that about 1000 mountain gorillas are left in the world with the population increasing ever since the conservation efforts were started. In Uganda, gorilla trekking can be done in Bwindi and Mgahinga Gorilla national park. The Bwindi impenetrable national park is divided into four sectors, Rushaga, Ruhija, Buhoma, and Nkuringo with 15 habituated mountain gorilla groups available in Bwindi for tracking.
4. Gorilla Trekking Uganda What To Pack
To fully enjoy your gorilla trekking safari, here are some of the things you need to park and come with for the gorilla safari; Hiking Boots, poncho, camera and accessories, energy snacks, long-sleeved shirts and trousers, insect repellant, hat, walking stick.
5. Gorilla Trekking Uganda Permit
The gorilla trekking permit for Uganda costs $700. Its usually recommended that you book your gorilla safari at least four months in advance such that the gorilla trekking permit is secured on time as there is too much competition for the gorilla trekking permits, especially in high season. The Uganda wildlife authority (UWA) is the body that issues out the gorilla trekking permits. A tour operator ideally helps you secure your gorilla trekking permit, however, if you happen to be in Uganda already, then you can buy the permit by yourself from the offices of UWA.
6. Gorilla Trekking Uganda Minimum Age
The minimum age for gorilla trekking in Uganda is 15 years. Children under the age of 15 are not allowed to track the gorillas as the trek might be strenuous for them and also since they are not mature enough to handle themselves in case of any incidents with the gorillas.
7. Affordable Gorilla Trekking Uganda
we offer several affordable trip options for gorilla trekking in Uganda. You can send us an inquiry and we get back to you with the quotes as per your requirements. Our tours are designed to fit the budget of each and every traveler.
8. Gorilla And Chimpanzee Trekking Uganda
Gorilla and chimpanzee trekking allows you to explore the primate world in depth. You can start with a visit to Kibale forest national park, home of the chimpanzees and 13 other primates species. Or you can track the chimps in Kalinzu forest or Kyambura gorge, Queen Elizabeth national park then proceed to Bwindi impenetrable forest for gorilla trekking. The Gorilla and chimpanzee trekking Uganda safari requires five days if you are to enjoy it very well.
Enjoy our top Uganda safari tour packages/itineraries 2021-2023 for Unique personalized African Uganda wildlife safari tours into Uganda safari tour destinations with affordable prices.
Top Uganda Tours
- 1 Day Jinja Adventure Tour
- 1 Day Kampala City Tour
- 1 Day Uganda Equator Safari Tour
- 1 Day Sipi Falls Tour
- 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary Tour
- 2 Days Chimpanzee Tracking Tour - Kibale Forest National Park
- 2 Days 1 Night Murchison Falls National Park Tour
- 2 Days 1 Night Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari Tour
- 2 Days Uganda Tour - Lake Mburo National Park
- 3 Days Golden Monkey and Gorilla Tracking Tour – Mgahinga National Park
- 3 Days Uganda Safari Tour - Sipi Falls
- 3 Days Murchison Falls National Park Safari Tour
- 3 Days Chimpanzee Trekking - Kibale National Park
- 3 Days Gorilla Trekking - Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- 3 Days Uganda wildlife Tour - Lake Mburo National Park Birding Tour
- 3 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Mountain Elgon National Park
- 3 Days Uganda wildlife Tour - Sipi Falls
- 3 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari Tour
- 3 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Kibale National Park (Kanyanchu Tourism Center) and Amabere g’ Nyinamwiru caves
- 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Kibale National Park
- 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Kibale National Park Chimpanzee tracking
- 4 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee Tracking - Bwindi and Kibale
- 5 Days White Water Rafting and Gorilla Tracking In Bwindi Impenetrable Forest Park
- 5 Days Kidepo National Park Safari Tour
- 6 Days Gorilla and Chimpanzee Tracking Tour - Queen Elizabeth and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- 6 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - River Nile White Rafting, Murchison Falls National Park
- 7 Days Gorilla Tracking Safari - Lake Mburo, Lake Bunyonyi, and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- 9 Days Uganda Tour - Hiking Mountain Rwenzori National Park
- 9 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Lake Bunyonyi, Queen Elizabeth National Park Tour, Bwindi Forest National Park, Kibale forest national park
- 10 Days Exploring Uganda Primates Safari Tour
- 10 Days Chimpanzee and Gorilla Tracking Tour - Queen Elizabeth, Kibale forest, and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- 10 Days Uganda Tour - Hiking Rwenzori and Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 10 Days Uganda wildlife Tour - Pearl of Africa, Murchison Falls National Park, Kibale forest national park, Amabere Ganyinamwiru, Queen Elizabeth National park, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Kazinga channel boat cruise.
- 12 Days Chimpanzee and Gorilla Tracking Tour - Murchison falls, Queen Elizabeth, Lake Mburo, Lake Bunyonyi, and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- 14 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour - Lake Mburo national park, Lake Bunyonyi, Kibale forest National park, Bwindi forest park, Murchison falls national park, and Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 15 Days South Sudan & Uganda Wildlife Safari Tour, Mundari Cattle Camp tour, Murchison Falls National Park, Kidepo Valley National Park, and Juba City
Top Uganda Birding Tours
- 1 Day Uganda Birding Safari Tour, Mabamba Bay-Swamp Shoebill Trek
- 2 Days Uganda Birding Tour – Mabamba Wetland, Botanical Gardens, Uganda wildlife education center
- 3 Days Uganda birding Tour - Lake Mburo National Park Birding Safari Tour
- 3 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Sipi Falls, Source of the Nile and Sezibwa falls
- 3 Days Uganda birding Tour - Kidepo Valley National Park Tour
- 4 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Kibale National Park
- 5 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Lake Mburo, Queen Elizabeth, And Kyambura Chimp Tracking
- 5 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Mabamba wetland, Lake Mburo National Park
- 7 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Mabamba wetland, Lake Mburo, Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 8 Days Uganda Birding Tour - lake Mburo national park, Queen Elizabeth national park, Kibale national park, Mabamba wetland, Bigodi Swamp
- 10 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Nabugabo wetland, Murchison falls National Park, Queen Elizabeth National park, Lake Mburo National park
- 12 Days Uganda birding Tour – Mgahinga Gorilla Park, Mubwindi swamp, Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Semuliki National Park
- 16 Days Uganda Birding Tour - Mabira forest, Budongo forest, Kibale forest, Bwindi Impenetrable Forest